- Responsible for maintaining a therapeutic community
- Supervises and manages the Veterans Service Department
- Available for on call emergencies and responsible for ensuring 24-hour coverage of the site
- Organizes and coordinates community service areas and work stations
- Implements program structure and supports provision of direct services
- Provides support, training and supervision to staff who provide direct services
- Responsible to implement and make necessary provisions to the fluidity of services offered
- Coordinates daily van runs
- Works collaboratively with the Operations Manager to ensure that operational needs are being met
- Responsible for the storing and inventory of donations and goods
- Manages property issues as they arise in collaboration with the Property Manager
- Facilitates bed checks and inspections of rooms to ensure a safe, clean and hazardless environment
- Oversees Urinalysis Drug Screening and Blood Alcohol Content testing to ensure safe, sober and clean environment
- Responsible for the departmental administrative responsibilities to include toxicology testing reports, van logs, master bed logs, and daily activity logs
- Responsible for ensuring the reliability of mail services
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in social services field or other related field preferred. Minimum of four years of relevant employment experience may substitute for degree requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in related field. Two years of employment at U.S.VETS may substitute for supervisory experience.
- Experience working with homeless and/or veteran population preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of clients, staff, and community members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership and conflict management skills.
- Demonstration of personal and financial integrity in the workplace.
- Ability to take direction, work independently with minimal oversight, and to work within a team.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must meet company insurance requirements and complete a provided driver training course.
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.