United States of America
HCA39: Los Angeles, CA (IMS INC) 5140 West Goldleaf Circle Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA, 90056 USA
The Collins Aerospace Surface Transportations team is seeking a motivated Senior Software Engineer. In this role, the selected candidate will design and develop complex software applications for control and diagnostic systems. Undertakes multidisciplinary research and works on system capabilities analysis to determine end-user needs.
- Conducts and coordinates complex Design and development for control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research during the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software to develop software engineering activities.
- Analyzes system capabilities and determines end user needs to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition to ensure current and future needs of the business are met.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
- May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
- May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
- Includes control modeling (model based design).
- Participate on project teams to adapt ARINC’s AIM rail control system for new customers, tailor base product to new customers, and develop customer specific and product enhancements.
- Integrating systems with complex external systems operated by external companies or agencies.
- Assist with software testing and documentation.
- Handle documentation for procedures, training and enhancements.
The ongoing goals for this position are:
- Design new elements or changes in scope for complex project software
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge transfer
- Interact with end customer on technical issues
- Meet schedule deadlines and remain within budget
- Guide, follow and enforce engineering guidelines set in system development methodology
- Ability to interact with customers and correctly interpret their needs and requirements
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Diligent Work ethic
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with C, Java and SQL
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Oracle or MSSQL database
- Experience with Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Debugging, Test, Implementation, and integration
- Experience with documentation
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to work independently or within a team
- Able to work with cross functional teams
- Experience with Linux Shell Scripting is preferred
- Experience with transit agencies, train control or SCADA systems desired.
- Mission critical system and real-time development and support are a plus.
- Software Systems Integration
- Enjoy problem solving and committed to delivering high-quality software
- Interface with external data sources
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and practices
- Positive attitude and eager to learn and improve
- UI experience
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers___ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we___re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We___re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we___re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick – Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form ___ with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that___s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.