We are the Raytheon Intelligence & Space Systems Engineering center. We invite you to consider joining us as an engineering Section Manager (SM). We would like to hear from you if you have leadership background in RF, optical technology, sensor test, orbital mechanics, digital signal processing, space mission planning or any of the myriad of engineering disciplines that make space imaging a reality.
The section manager performs direct line management activities for 10-20 engineers responsible for System Engineering, Modeling & Simulation, Analysis, and Test for space programs. The SM is also a key technical contributor to the programs supported by the section, as well as a central contributor to new business development activities. The SM activities include career development and performance evaluation and management of their people, resource acquisition and allocation, championing best engineering practices, actively engaging with programs to facilitate and ensure proper execution, and development of proposals.
The SM ensures two-way communication for section members, serves as a liaison to the programs ensuring technical, cost and schedule parameters, as well as overseeing section member job assignments, performance and recognition.
To learn more about Raytheon Intelligence and Space, Space Systems click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaKnZRnyCg
**This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $20,000**
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include coordinating program staffing needs and optimizing staffing across skills and experience to meet demand of mission area. In addition, the SM will team with Department Manager in the execution of Engineering goals and will be expected to participate in Department and Center level meetings. The SM must have demonstrable expertise in space systems, systems engineering, production support, and leadership experience. Section Managers will engage regularly with program IPTLs in producing EACs and proposals and will facilitate the department/center level approvals of such. Section managers will engage regularly with the Program Area Chief Engineer (PACE) to communicate and coordinate changes in staffing needs. Section managers will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the technical roadmaps for the capabilities offered by their section. Organization and strong communication skills are required for frequent interactions with operations, chief engineers, department managers and program managers to ensure proper support to the Space Systems mission area.
- Minimum of 10 years___ experience in space systems engineering, analysis, and/or verification
- Experience in Radio Frequency (RF) technology
- Active Secret clearance
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the range of system engineering processes, including requirements definition, design, test planning, test execution, data analysis, and operations support
- Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems
- Multidisciplinary leadership experience in the engineering design and/or test of RF optical systems and associated special test equipment
- Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
- Capable of effectively working in a team environment, often under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization
- Ability to access to US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required
- Engineering leadership experience with space imaging technology
- Modeling and simulation of space systems
- Experience in environmental test methods
- IPTL & EVMS experience
- Ability to obtain SCI and SAP/SAR access
- BS in Engineering, Sciences, or Math or related STEM degree
- MS in Engineering, Sciences, or Math or related STEM degree
**U.S. Citizenship Status is requires as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems**
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.