Raytheon Technologies has an opening for a Principal IT Architect. This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Solutions Architecture (SA) within Enterprise Architecture, this Principal IT Architect will be responsible for enabling Raytheon Technology synergy targets by providing well-defined and compliant ___Information Technology___ solution architectures. The candidate will be responsible for shaping IT solutions across an array of core enterprise level applications as well as business specific capabilities that may span our four businesses including Raytheon Missile Defense, Raytheon Intelligence and Space, Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace.
This Team is responsible for a segment of the overall Enterprise Architecture program, covering the applications architecture discipline requiring subject matter expertise in applications technologies and the ability to provide actionable guidance to the solutions architecture teams across the organization.
Viewed as a technical leader in the organization:
- Provide enterprise level architecture including vision, strategy, problem anticipation, and problem solving for the Information Technology function
- Assist with developing objectives, participate with the SA team in establishing IT policy and help to set technology standards across multiple IT domains
- Anticipate IT industry directions as they relate to future architecture needs and project solutions
- Remain continuously aware of business, technical, applications, information management, access, and infrastructure issues and acts as a consultant to aid in the development of creative solutions
- Strong communication skills to engage with senior functional leaders as well as internal partners and in some cases external entities, such as Forrester, Gartner, CEB, and MIT CISR
- Develop a deep understanding of the company___s structure, business units, functional organizations and global business services
- Experience working with Raytheon business units, functional organizations, and enterprise services is a plus
- Expected to manage multiple assignments at any given time focusing on solution architecture
- Foster extensive enterprise-wide collaboration to exploit our competitive advantage through leadership for IT solutions architecture
- Integrate application architecture with emerging technologies and develop solutions that help drive complexity reduction
- Participate in the definition of logical reference architectures, best practice, patterns, maturity model and roadmaps
- Participate in the definition of technical capabilities to guide and collaborate with technical architecture group (TAG)s and communities of practice (COP)___s
- Communicate, socialize and educate key stakeholders on the strategies and usage of application architecture efforts
- 8+ years of experience in information technology, systems architecture, systems design, and/or systems engineering.
- Previously developed, delivered and supported enterprise scale applications
- Demonstrates an understanding of application of architecture frameworks and methods (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, DoDAF); certifications a huge plus!
- Demonstrated experience in developing and sustaining successful professional networks within a complex enterprise environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to debate, negotiate, and influence and work with others in a collaborative and constructive manner
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required
- Architecture certifications (e.g. Raytheon Certified Architect – RCAP, TOGAF)
- ITIL Certification
- Project Management Experience & Certification (e.g. PMP)
- Previous Application or Systems Engineering Development
- Bachelor___s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.