Responsible for implementing policies and programs which promote the Company’s standing in the community. Develops and maintains strong business relationships ensuring a successful corporate/community partnership. Represents the organization at community gatherings and/or forums. Supports the integrated business practices and planning efforts for civic engagement, philanthropy and corporate responsibility investment and reporting; manages and creates relationships with leading corporations, civic engagement and service organizations. Manages a team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Serves as Subject Matter Expert and provides guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies. Assists in development and meeting of departmental budget.
Be a part of a leading media and technology company’s community impact team in one of its largest market—California. The Community Impact Manager Generalist elevates the Comcast brand, engages and builds strong relations with local stakeholders internally and externally, has a pulse on the local community/political landscape, executes strategic innovative holistic partnerships and programs that set Comcast apart. She/he has proven track record of experience in identifying and knowing how to ‘connect the dots’ between community impact, external communications, and government affairs.
The Community Impact manager will have experience in community impact, government affairs and external communications. The manager will have comprehensive knowledge and strong relationships in the local area(s) that results in local intel/information, insights and identifying innovative opportunities for programs and partnerships. Manager will bring extensive experience in creating local holistic community impact strategic plans that include social impact, government affairs and communications to support business goals. The manager will identify and initiate local employee engagement/employee resource group opportunities and implement existing and new employee engagement programs (Matching Gift program, Volunteerism and etc.) in the local area and region. In addition, the manager will bring strong campaign communications experience to create and execute the community impact brand campaign that will leverage all the company assets to promote our community impact and investment. Furthermore, the manager will have extensive event management experience to execute high-level and high-caliber local and regional signature events and executive tours—from concept to execution of all logistics. Manager reports to CI Director and will support CI Director on regional initiatives when necessary and take on projects as assigned.
- Serve as lead community impact manager in specific geographic area(s) bringing extensive knowledge in community impact, government relations and communications to ‘connect the dots’ to create comprehensive strategic plans, programs and partnerships for greater impact
- Monitor the local community, political and competitive landscape and develop solutions/plans to address issues and/or opportunities
- Demonstrated experience working in corporate social responsibility, government affairs and communications role, with knowledge in corporate philanthropy, community partnerships, local government relations, advocacy, communications, and employee engagement
- Highly collaborative positive team player who is energized by working cross-functionally, across geographies, and in a highly matrix and fast-moving innovative organization
- Affinity for solving complex challenges and working through ambiguity to find innovative solutions
- Experience working on proactive and reactive business and community issues and ability to thrive during issues and crisis situations
- Develop and execute events from concept to all logistics to post event briefing and reporting documents
- Proactively identify, create, and execute local community impact campaign(s) to distinguish Comcast from other companies
- Initiates new external partnerships and programming that advances the company within local geographic area(s)
- Identify and integrate employees and employee resource groups into community impact, digital equity, diversity equity and inclusion partnerships and programs
- Equip VP of External Affairs and CI Director with reports, presentations, briefings, and data for internal/external meetings/speaking engagements etc.
- Partner with internal and external communication teams to create messaging to ensure that our community impact programs and partnerships are reaching external and internal audiences
- Ability to locally manage and execute the company community impact initiatives including, but not limited to Internet Essentials, IEPP, EBB, Lift Zones, Matching Gift Program, etc. in specific geographic area(s)
- Writes/edits internal and external communications pieces including executive-level speeches, talking points, articles, reports, briefing documents, and materials
- Promotes community investment and impact to external audiences
- Develops strategic approach to community impact and investment that is mutually beneficial for all parties involved
- Develops, manages, and staffs community events in local/region
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills with strong ability to facilitate collaborative problem-solving to reach solutions that benefit all parties
- Find ways to continuously use creative ways to generate media (traditional/social) and share relevant company programs, partnerships, products, and people
- Analyzes the needs of the residents of the community as well as plans and implements ways and means in which the company and its employees may become more involved and more effective in meeting those needs
- Communicates to the company’s entities the strategic direction of community investment programs, events, and activities
- Craft timely local area(s) briefs that involves research, knowledge of the topic and geographic area and synthesis to showcase Comcasts’ knowledge on important and/or emerging issues to demonstrate Comcasts’ thought leadership for key stakeholders
- Consistent exercise of independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and variable schedule(s) often
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Proven ability to attain measurable results for holistic community impact programs and partnerships that include government affairs and communication
- Success depends on building strong, trustworthy cross-functional relationships with External Affairs team and other departments
- Curious, confident holistic problem-solver with a collaborative spirit
- Being a self-starter that sees opportunities, identifies solutions, engages partners, and drives action plans to successful completion
- Strong skills in creative and strategic analysis with the ability to ‘think out of the box’
- Due to the ever-changing nature of this role, the Manager must be flexible, organized, creative, and proactive
- Track record of super-creative campaign and story ideas with demonstrated results
- Stellar, persuasive written and verbal communications skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent written skills and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to effectively work autonomously, prioritize, problem solve, and manage multiple projects/partnerships at any given time while generating results in fast-paced environment
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Bachelor’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.