BET Networks, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation’s leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks – BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET’s growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
BET+ is a premium online streaming service with exclusive originals and thousands of TV episodes and movies from the best Black creators, like Tracy Oliver, John Singleton, Mara Brock Akil, Will Packer, and many others. A joint venture between BET Networks and Tyler Perry Studios, BET+ allows users to stream Black culture including hit movies, TV shows, documentaries, stand-up, and specials, all in one place, commercial-free. The new service from BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc., is the official home of Tyler Perry’s film, TV and stage works. Visit BET.Plus to learn more.
As Director of Lifecycle Marketing or BET+, you will be a key leader of our growing marketing team. You be will responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of highly efficient engagement and retention strategies for BET+. This position will own the entire, post-conversion customer journey to drive growth of high LTV subscribers. We are looking for a highly experienced, data driven marketer to oversee our CRM function. This position will work out of our office in Los Angeles, California.
• Create a strategic, holistic plan to grow high LTV subscribers using key marketing drivers including email, SMS, push notifications, direct mail, and others
• Build a thoughtful segmentation strategy and the appropriate lifecycle marketing campaigns to support maximizing LTV
• Own marketing operations to deploy campaigns across all channels (email, push, SMS, direct mail, etc.)
• Build fundamental CRM reporting monitor and optimize BET+ CRM efforts
• Leverage ViacomCBS cross-property audience database to maximize subscriber engagement and viewing experience
• Work with internal and external partners, build cross-sell models to maximize subscriber value
• Coordinate with product development team to drive product and channel capability enhancements that drive improved LTV
• Continue to build and manage the CRM team including org chart and job specifications to execute your strategic plan.
• Improve our collection of new customer prospects to support campaigns to better convert prospects tp subscribers.
• Demonstrated project management, planning and time management skills
• 7+ years of CRM marketing and direct-to-consumer marketing experience, preferably with a subscription-based business
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired or equivalent experience
• Strong organizational and leadership skills, able to organize team to deliver multiple complex long term strategic projects simultaneous with day to day execution responsibilities
• Experience with advanced channel testing methodology and lifecycle marketing programs, highlighting patterns and making recommendations to drive revenue via channel marketing
• Proficiency in defining success metrics and delivering on key KPI targets with a drive for results
• Exceptional team building, management and people development history
• Proven track record that is highly analytic and problem solving
• Experience working with various Email Service Providers or other automation tools
• Expert knowledge of digital marketing including funnel optimization UX
• Exceptional communicator who inspires the team and can engage C-level audience
• Technical knowledge including SQL experience a plus
• Must work well cross-functionally with Marketing and Brand Managers
• Knowledge of Braze a plus
• A strong passion for entertainment preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.