XUMO is looking for a Director, Ad Operations to join the Media & Ad Operations team. XUMO is a leading, global, free, ad-supported streaming service based in Irvine, California that joined the Comcast family in February of 2020. This position will be responsible for managing the ad operations team in ensuring the smooth set up, launch, testing and roll out of partners internally and on programmatic platforms. Partners include content providers, OEM manufacturers, channel marketplace partners and programmatic platforms. This position is critical to the success of the ad operations team and will support all facets of the department from on-boarding to set up to testing to reporting and optimizations. This person will work closely with the XUMO product team on new ad serving code rollout, deployment of new features and services on devices, channel and OEM partners. Millions of viewers tune in to the 190+ channels available on XUMO every day. Your role within the ad operations team is integral to growing the revenue generated from channel marketplace partners and creating a frictionless ad experience for consumers. You must have a background demonstrating strong organizational and prioritization skills. Experience with video ad serving technology such as Freewheel and Spotx and programmatic platforms such as Telaria and App Nexus is required.
– Work with Executive Director, Ad Operations to structure the optimal workflow between different platforms and systems in the ad serving ecosystem (SSAI, HLS, ad server, programmatic platforms, DSP, SSP)
– Ownership of all supply related set up, configuration, trafficking and troubleshooting across multiple ad serving systems.
– Working closely with product on new ad code rollout and deployments across devices, channels and OEMs
– Testing and roll out of new auction mechanics across programmatic including header bidding, first price auction and Open RTB 3.0
– Collect best practices and requirements monitoring key value parameters to ensure highest adoption of targeting across partners and data is being properly passed to/from platforms
– Collaborating with content operations team to ensure tags are working properly when launching new channels
– Monitoring ad yield and identifying areas of improvement
– Managing inventory quality and working with 3rd party verification companies reviewing ad logs to root out potential IVT
– Troubleshooting of tags with content management and supply partners
– Effectively and clearly communicate open projects and tickets internally within the content operations team.
– Prioritize work understanding inbound requests and upcoming deadlines across the business.
– Work alongside and support the content management team to ensure timely delivery of assets across syndicated publishers.
– Execute ad-hoc troubleshooting requests from both internal and external partners.
– Work closely with ad operations team to ensure video ads are being properly delivered without any latency or reporting discrepancies between parties.
– Support the onboarding team to ensure all steps are accurately documented and communicated to each partner.
– Create best practices in the department to scale the on-boarding, testing and deployment of channel partners
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
– 10+ years' experience in digital advertising preferred
– Proven experience in programmatic marketplace trafficking, configuration, troubleshooting and optimizing ad tags in SSPs and DSPs
– Familiarity working with multiple video ad serving systems, preferably Google Ad Manager and Freewheel MRM
– Expertise in Header Bidding, VAST, VPAID and Open RTB protocols
– Experience implementing SDKs and programmatic end points with direct publishers, OEMs and programmatic platforms
– Understanding of VAST ads logs with the ability to troubleshoot and identify issues within macros and parameters being passed across multiple systems
– Demonstrated strong time-management, prioritization and organizational skills
– Demonstrated strong strategic and analytical planning and problem-solving skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to cultivate relationships and negotiate with internal clients
– Ability to meet deadlines and partner timeline expectations
– Proven written and oral communication skills
Employees at all levels are expect to:
– Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
– Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
– Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
– Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
– Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
– Drive results and growth
– Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
– Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our