Job ID: 236359
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
Our Credit and Collections Supervisor will be responsible for the management and direction of our Credit and Collections department, and ensuring business targets are met. This person will have the opportunity to make a big impact on our company, every single day. They will run a team. They will make decisions. They will establish priorities. They will be a very important part of the C.R. Laurence family.
If you’re a driven leader with a passion for the customer experience, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitor accounts receivable balances and assist with the collection of specific key accounts and high- risk customers.
- Serve as a point of escalation for all past due problem accounts, credit hold decisions, and disputes
- Prepare customer aging reports
- Respond to inquiries from customers, and research/resolve outstanding credit issues
- Review A/R ledger and hold daily or weekly touchpoints to discuss problem accounts with team
- Supervise all A/R collections functions
- Monitor bond and lien rights, always ensuring to minimize risk exposure
- Review and approve lien waiver requests from customers
- Partner with stake holders to implement actions that optimize collection efforts
- Leverage the use of Dunn & Bradstreet to access reports and metrics to assist in determining credit worthiness of existing and potential customers that represents the appropriate level of risk for the company
- Support ERP and technology upgrade projects related to credit, collections, and A/R as required
- Ensure credit practices, policies and controls are established and maintained
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
• Willingness to develop direct reports’ technical skills and provide guidance on how they can improve
• Must possess the ability to plan, assign, and direct work
• Must be able to manage employee performance through coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline when necessary
• Will be responsible for addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner
• Should possess the ability to get work done through others using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or exhibit the appropriate level of financial acumen, business operational knowledge, and have 5+ years of construction industry experience
- 5+ years of related experience in credit, accounts receivable and collections
- Experience with Construction and Lien Laws a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced constantly changing environment
- Ability to handle, take pressure, and be able to provide results
- Open and adaptable to change and willing to learn new skills
- Personable and easy to approach with a positive, upbeat attitude and mindset
- Possess excellent organizational skills, aptitude to focus on tasks until complete, and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Dedication to accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively follow-up on pending issues
- Proficient in PC skills, accounting software, Internet-based programs, MS Office Suite
- SAP Experience a plus
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.