** This position and any subsequent offers made are contingent upon contract award**
Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you___ve even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We___re looking for you. To view more on Raytheon Intelligence and Space, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaKnZRnyCg
The Systems Engineering Center is seeking a strong, technically sound engineering leader for the role of Communications Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) who is committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for complex remote sensing applications. The successful candidate will serve as the Comms IPTL on a large-scale, and very complex Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Communications (ISRC) Program and will be responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of the Comms IPT along with providing oversight for the delivery of verified subsystems, products or services to support system level build, integration and test, and verification activities. The Comms IPTL is responsible for overall technical ownership of the Integrated System and all system engineering work products across the entire life cycle of the program, including architecture development, requirements development, system integration and test, verification and validation. This position interfaces with cross-functional product teams, sub-contractors program management, and functional managers as well as non-engineering organizations such as finance, operations, supply chain, contracts and mission assurance.
**This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $20,000**
The Comms IPTL will:
- Be responsible for the planning, coordination, and communication of the cross-functional team responsible for delivering subsystems, products and services
- Ensure the assigned team___s objectives are achieved on schedule, and consistent with quality and technical standards
- Foster culture in-line with high performance and cohesive teams necessary to meet the technical, schedule and cost challenges
- Oversee execution of design, development, integration, and test of system and subsystem IPT work products.
- Support the development of cost proposals; basis of estimates, risk and opportunity management.
- Interface with the customer and establish trusted relationships to advocate for continued investment in both current and future technology investments.
- Support the technical management of major subcontracts and IOTs to ensure delivered products meet the technical performance objectives and are delivered on time and within budget
- Identify critical staffing resources and update staffing plans to provide adequate staffing to support all SEC tasks
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record
- Demonstrated successful experience with IPTL planning and execution
- Previous experience with comm system design and development
- Experience in development of high reliability space communications products
- Demonstrated experience in Space Payload development activities which should include one of more of the following: requirements development, allocation, verification and analysis; interface definition; CONOPS development; hardware and software design and development; and system level integration, validation and verification
- Knowledge and experience in software/hardware integration and test of embedded, real-time complex systems
- Experience with system or subsystem level Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the customer and company leadership
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience identifying engineering resources needed to get required engineering work product requirements done (people, processes, facilities & tools)
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access US only data systems
- Active TS/SSBI
- Experience with comm networking systems
- Experience with FW and software design and implementation
- Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices (e.g. Dynamic, Vibration, EMI, Thermal Vacuum)
- STE design, testing or operation
- Experience with Software integration and test, configuration management
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering and/or Digital Engineering
- Experience in proposal development including developing Basis-of-Estimates
- Experience with working with operations staff, sub-contractors, team members and customers
- Active TS/SCI
BS in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
MS in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
**U.S. Citizenship Status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems**
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.