- Reports to Vice President of News
- Responsible for news coverage in Phoenix, Arizona, with coverage extending to around the state
- Will report on air for Telemundo and NBC-LX as needed
- Ability to fluently read, write, speak, and understand English & Spanish.
- Deliver news reports, including live stories demonstrating confidence, energy with a professional appearance and voice quality
- Write, shoot and edit news stories for an assigned newscast or news specials
- Combine video, audio and graphics to enhance storytelling effectively. Documentary-Film production experience is a plus.
- Works with a photographer on occasion
- Will use SNG technology to go live
- Work with assignment desk editors and production staff and independently in the news-gathering process
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts that provide access to enterprise reporting
- Manage general upkeep of assigned company equipment
- Responsible for representing NBCU-Telemundo in a professional manner
- Establish a community presence outside of the newscasts and participates in station events
- Perform other duties as assigned
• BS/BA in journalism/ Communications or minimum two-year reporting experience.
• Strong English and Spanish grammar and vocabulary
• Work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
• Work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment
• Independent problem solving & multitasking
• Must be able to travel and work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Flexibility in schedule to work long hours, weekends and/or holidays as needed
• Must be willing to work in Phoenix, Arizona
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have an active driver’s license and excellent driving record
NBCUOTS – TLM SW Region