• Primary job responsibility includes coding and technical execution of local news and programming utilizing the Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control Environment.
• Direction of talent and other production crew members.
• Collaborate with editorial and technical personnel to produce high quality, compelling content.
• Document technical procedures and processes.
• Operate graphic and clip playback server operation via Ross Xpression and GV Stratus.
• Operate robotic camera controls using Ross Software.
• Set-up and maintain studio equipment and lighting.
• Work with management and engineering staff to continually refine workflows, creating new efficiencies and capabilities.
• Shape overall creative appearance of the broadcast using imaginative video, audio and graphics effects.
• Gives direction and timing to talent and other technicians on broadcasts.
• Ensure production crew works together effectively and efficiently to create the show they have been planning. Work closely with the TV producers to make sure the programs are professionally done, aired on time and free from error.
• Participate in station-sponsored events and all assigned special projects.
• Responsible for the ultimate technical quality of productions.
• One year of related work experience including: Responsibility for performing work as director and/or technical director of a news program. Minimum one year of hands on experience with automated production control systems. Experience with Ross Overdrive Production Automation or similar.
• Experience with advanced production switcher operation and setup, manual and automated graphics play out, robotic camera operation and playback server operations.
• Strong oral /written communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work accurately under pressure and deadlines.
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish oral proficiency.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, weekends and holidays if needed.
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas, NV area.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal’s Dispute resolution program.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications.
• Minimum 1 year of hands on experience with Ross Overdrive.
• Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Knowledge of control room production within a 24 hour news cycle
• Familiarity with Grass Valley STRATUS, Ross Xpression, Ross Furio robotics system.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Can act decisively under stress and tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• The ability to seek simple solutions to complex problems.
• A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies.
• Strong journalistic skills.
• Significant experience in the news environment.
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadline
• Team player mentality.
NBCUOTS – TLM KBLR